What do I need to get a work Permit?
REQUIREMENTS THAT NEED TO BE MET TO OBTAIN A PERMIT
- Legally paid employment, open to public access
- Must be 14 years old
- All employers must provide Workers Compensation insurance
- Form B1-1 Statement of Intent to employ minor and request for a work permit must be filled out by employer and parent/guardian signatures. (Get from Ms. Sifter in Room L107)
- Work Experience training Agreement filled out by student/parent/employer. (Get from Ms. Sifter in Room L107)
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher, be on track to graduate, and have good attendance.
All working Teens under the age of 18, must have a work permit to be employed
Make a copy of the application pages below, Fill out and return to Ms. Sifter Room L107 to obtain a work permit
Work Permit Application
District Work Permit Regulations
California Labor Law for Teens